Araceli Roiz

Fitness Blog

Menu Close

Tag: health

The Biggest Workout Myth Women Still Believe

Working out can consist of many different forms of training. Cardio and light weight work are most common among women. Toning and getting lean is the goal, most of these women avoid a strict weight training routine though. The reason for this trend is based on women believing they will begin to gain muscle and begin to be seen as masculine. Against popular belief it is tough for for females to build masculine arms, so working out with weights will not be detrimental to any training. In any case, it will help workout routines.

Model Amy Willerton explains how lifting weights as a part of her routine, can elevate any workout and show desirable results. At first, she believed in the hype that lifting weight can work negatively in a woman’s strive for a lean body, but after research she realized the difference it can really make!Here are her reasons why lifting weights can help out any woman.

First, and most important is that women will not necessarily get bigger. Women have 1/10th of hormone testosterone as men, which is most important to building muscle mass. Looking manly will take ten times as long as a man, so looking like a man will not be too much of an issue. 2015-08-03-1438594703-5125551-IMG_9598.JPG

The next is when muscle is built, calories burn much faster, which helps lose those unwanted pounds, which gaining muscle. Gaining muscle is important too since gaining muscle allows you to eat more! It is okay to eat more since the body will need energy to sustain the muscle weight and the calories which are being burned.

Besides the look factor, the muscles that can come from weight training can help with day to day physical tasks, which may have been a problem in the past.

Gaining muscle is also a great way to improve posture. Having defined core muscle, not only looks great, but also helps with posture due to the muscle contractions which takes place with a rock hard routine.

All in all, women, do not be afraid to work out and train with weights. It can only help, and gives the body a better look, as well as providing health gains. For more fitness news and information, please visit Araceli Roiz’s Official Website.

5 Great Work Out Tips!

Here are a few great work out tips for any woman looking to get into working, or for an avid gym goer!

1. Chart all your progress

It is important to always track your progress since it will help you determine your progress. Understanding how you’re progression is coming along will help facilitate how quickly you should increase volume or reps per workout. Without a basis of how your workouts are coming, you might catch yourself doing repeated workouts which are not doing much for your body, or the complete opposite where you are overworking your body. In which case, you could potentially injure yourself quite seriously.

2. Work out during work!

Even though this tip may be difficult for many people working in a business environment, for those of you who work in a relaxed workplace, this may be useful for you. Rather then sitting on your traditional work chair, sitting on a medicine ball, and getting in some crunches and other exercises can go a long way. If a medicine ball is not your thing, keeping small weighted dumb bells under your desk and take a few reps every so often will get your muscles working and the blood flowing.

3. Never overwork yourself

One of the most important rules or tips of working out is to overwork your body to limits you know it cannot perform. Many issues that beginners have with working out is wanting to see results immediately. By doing so, they tend to overwork their bodies to limits which physically exhaust themselves or seriously injure themselves. It is smart to pace yourself when you first start working out. Know your limits and take a 80/20 approach where you work out 80% of your allotted time, and rest the other 20%. This system should give your body the rest it needs to recover properly.

4. Work out while walking

While walking and running on the treadmill is a great exercise. It’s possible to utilize your time on the treadmill even more effectively. Grabbing a low weight dumb bell and setting the treadmill on a brisk walk while doing a few bicep curls and shoulder presses should help burn calories and help tone up. Doing this every so often on the treadmill will shorten your work out and get you warmed up for the workout.

5. Sprint

For you runners out there, while running long distances, or while on your daily routine, make sure to throw in 10-60 second sprints in between. The change of pace will confuse your muscles and will in time, make them stronger. Running at a monotonous pace could make your muscles used to a certain pace and when that occurs, the workout will be pointless. Changing up speeds is a good way to keep your muscles toned and will strengthen them.

For all 15 tips, please visit: FitnessMagazine